cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC vs Kinetis - The future

Jump to solution
Jmir
Contributor II

I would need to know if the NXP strategy will continue the development of the LPC line or if it will prioritize other lines like Kinetis. This is important when choosing the platform for the new products.

I see that NXP on its website provides many tools for kinetis, -  SDK's for MCUXPRESSO IDE -  and less for the LPC family

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Jmir,

The MCUXpresso and SDK are also available for the latest parts in the LPC family (LPC54xxx, LPC55xx and LPC8xx). Also, any parts in the future for any of this family would be supported by the SDK.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Masmiseim
Senior Contributor I

Hello Jmir,

The SDKs were developed in the first place by freescale and were adapted to the LPC parts after the merger. That should be the reason that Kinetis devices are more widely supported by the SDKs.

I think both lines are in product care and maintenance now and will not be developed much further (meaning no new part, but the SDK is still developed). NXP focus is on the new lines now, I guess. If I would start a new development, I would use the K32L-Line for smaller projects and the iMXRT-Series for anything which has higher requirements

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Jmir,

The MCUXpresso and SDK are also available for the latest parts in the LPC family (LPC54xxx, LPC55xx and LPC8xx). Also, any parts in the future for any of this family would be supported by the SDK.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

0 Kudos