How to USB host and Device Functionality with FreeRTOS in LPCXpresso54628 ,IDE MCUXpresso IDE ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to USB host and Device Functionality with FreeRTOS in LPCXpresso54628 ,IDE MCUXpresso IDE ?

vinu_narayanan
Contributor I

Hi All , 

I am trying to implement a USB data bypass using OM13098: LPCXpresso54628 Development Board . The USB communication is happening as shown in the below image . 

pastedImage_1.png

My requirement is to implement a device to bypass the USB communication without any delay  , as shown in below image 

pastedImage_3.png

I have implemented using beagle bone black and I feel it can be done using a controller like OM13098 . 

What are your thoughts on this proposal ? It is possible using OM13098  ?

I am new to NXP controller and MCUXpresso IDE . I followed some quick start guide an got stuck at a point to add USB host and device drivers with RTOS . 

Step followed 

1. Imported a FreeRTOS demo from SDK - Build was successful 

2. Added USB Device middle ware from SDK Management -> Manage SDK components -> Middle ware _USB Device - Now the Build is failing 

Other Method Tried 

1. Imported a USB device project with RTOS -  Build was successful 

2. Added USB Host middle ware from SDK Management -> Manage SDK components -> Middle ware _USB Device - Now the Build is failing 

Tried different combinations of above method and none is passing . 

Can anyone help with any documents or a quick guide to create a Project in MCUXpresso IDE with  USB Host and Device drivers plus a FreeRTOS  . ?  As in my initial explanation my goal is to read data from host and place to device immediately . Will be playing with the data in between ,  thats why I need an RTOS also .  

Labels (1)
1 Reply

Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear vinu.narayanan@ge.com‌,

Unfortunately there isn't any guide to do this since this looks a little custom. But in the SDK (the 2.6 version is available now) there's a host and device examples for many clases. I don't know the device that you're using but as you mention the CDC class looks the most suitable. So I will suggest to use the following examples and try to merge it:

-LPCXpresso54628_dev_cdc_vcom_freertos

-LPCXpresso54628_host_cdc_freertos

I hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon