cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard faults at a specific address lpc4370 processor

smarty760
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using the lpc4370 processor with the Link-2 debug probe. I am trying to create a dual-core application using the M4 and M0APP. I keep getting hard faults at certain parts of the code. Every time I change part of the code the fault happens at a different function however, the address where the hard fault happens is always the same. This is at 0x10088010.

These are the memory blocks that the M0 uses:

smarty760_0-1687357816546.png

smarty760_1-1687357816552.png

Could the hard fault mean that I am trying to access the memory that is not available? Does this mean that the RAM is too small to hold the program? When building it shows that 92% of the RAM is being used. I thought that this means that it should be just enough but I’m not sure if more memory is taken up when debugging. The debugging is fine when I put the application in bigger RAM and configure it as an M4 application.

Should I ditch the Idea of trying to use this RAM? The only larger RAM of the processor needs to be used by my M4.

Could the hard fault be another issue?

Hard fault:

smarty760_2-1687357816560.png

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

While I have no real experience with the LPC4370, the call trace looks like the fault happening in an invoked handler.
More probably, an invoked interrupt/fault handler which is not implemented.
Which causes escalation to a hardfault.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @smarty760 

There is multiple core project under lpcopen, you can have a look:

Alice_Yang_0-1687752451807.png

And debug  multiple  core project on MCUXpresso IDE, you can refer to:
https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-FAQs/How-to-run-Multicore-examples-provided-in-LPCOpen-LPC43xx/m-p/...  

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers/Which-IDE-to-be-used-for-debugging-LPC4367/m-p/871...  (pay attention the reply from LPCX presso support)

BR

Alice

0 Kudos