Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug freertos_blinky

Jump to solution
friedbertmaier
Contributor II

Hello,

I tried to start working with the OM13071 LPCXpresso824-MAX Development board. I use LPCXpresso v8.2.2.

For the first tests I took the "lpcopen_3_01_lpcxpresso_nxp_lpcxpresso_824max.zip" code examples of the nxp website.

First I tested the periph_blinky Project. It works fine. I can build and debug this project.

Then I tried to use the freertos_blinky project. I can also build this one. But it is not possible to debug this project, because the debug Options are not active. You can see it in the picutre below.

LPCXpresso_debug.PNG

How can I activate this debug function?

When I try to flash this program with the "Program Flash" Option. Then I need an .axf- file. But it ist not possible for me to build an .axf-file. Also when I change the artifact extensions in Properties -> C/C++ Build -> Settings -> Build Artifact.

LPCXpresso_settings.PNG

Did anyone have the same problems?

What are my mistakes and what can I Change to build this freertos project?

Thank you for help,

Friedbert

Labels (3)
1 Solution
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Friedbert,

The project seems to be configured to work as a library, that is why you can't debug it. Please try using the project from the attached previous version of LPCOpen.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Friedbert,

Please make sure that the freertos_blinky project is selected on the project explorer view:

pastedImage_2.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos
friedbertmaier
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

thank you for your reply.

I have seleceted this project freertos_blinky and I can also build this project in this "start here" view.

I also tested it with diffrent other projects and they all word very well. And I tested it with other freertos projects with other microcontrollers and it worked without any problems. But it was for me not possible to Change this projects for my microcontroller on the LPC824 board.

Best Regards,

Friedbert Maier

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Friedbert,

The project seems to be configured to work as a library, that is why you can't debug it. Please try using the project from the attached previous version of LPCOpen.

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza

friedbertmaier
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

thank you! There are no problems to debug this older version of this software.

Best Regards,

Friedbert Maier