Cannot enter debug mode after entered power down mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot enter debug mode after entered power down mode

leechen
Contributor III

As soon as I entered power down mode without any method of waking the board up, I cannot enter the debug more anymore. How can I solve this?

my code as follow:

int main(void)
{
  SystemCoreClockUpdate();
  Board_Init();
  SysTick_Config(SystemCoreClock / TICKRATE_HZ);
  ProcessPowerState(PMU_MCU_POWER_DOWN);

}

Tags (2)
4 Replies

shaheenshamshad
Contributor III

Hello Victor,

I tried the given solutions in the above link but none worked for me.

I am using LPC54618 MCU and LPCXpresso IDE.

Is there some other way to come out of this problem?

regards,

SS

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lee Chen, 

Did  you put your MCU in ISP mode following the steps mentioned in the community post I put before? Once you are in ISP mode you should be able to launch the debug session without any problem. 

Also, I recommend you to use MCUXpresso IDE since in our newest IDE instead of LPCXpresso.  

Link to MCUXpresso IDE

Regards, 

Victor.

shaheenshamshad
Contributor III

Hello Victor,

Yes it worked.

LPC54618 has three ISP pins so I connect it to GND and followed the instruction mentioned in this https://community.nxp.com/thread/389112 .

Thank you.

regards,

SS

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Lee Chen, 

Please refer the following community post: Regaining debug access to target MCU 

You need to recover the debug access to the MCU. That community post explains how to do this. 

Hope it helps! 

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos