Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADCHS of LPC4370

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by akmarov on Wed Nov 27 04:16:12 MST 2013
I've bought LPC Link 2, because I'm interested in high speed data acquisition and DSP possibilities of LPC4370. But it was a big disappointment when I've tried to get something out of ADCHS in LPC4370.

I've downloaded and installed time limited evaluation version of IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM v.6.70.1 and corresponding LPCOpen v.2.02. In periph_hsadc example I've tried to modify ADCHS_IRQHandler to get data out of ADCHS by adding
Chip_UART_SendRB(LPC_UARTX, &txring, (const uint32_t *) &sample, sizeof(sample));
after sample was captured. But it seems that sample does not contain any data at all - there are no output of samples on UART.
UART is working fine, I've done all needed UART initialization similar to uart examples of LPCOpen.

I've added hsadc.c that I've modified for my needs.

Original Attachment has been moved to: hsadc.c.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by nmz787 on Mon Feb 03 17:10:46 MST 2014
The other HSADC thread in the forum has a lot more info on how to get it working... also the LabTool code has all the HSADC stuff setup already with USB and DMA transfer, there's also a GUI that you could modify to get the client-side code.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by akmarov on Mon Feb 03 09:43:49 MST 2014
Thank you for your patience. At the moment when I asked the question I really didn't understand how to convert to ASCII so  Chip_UART_SendRB() can take it.

Now I have another questions - how to get 80Msps? and what is the maximum achievable sample rate for LPC4370?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by rodriguesd on Sun Feb 02 17:17:00 MST 2014
    I've not analyzed the code more deeply, but wonder why you do not convert the sample to ASCII before sending through UART on line 288 (as you do on lines 349 and 350).
0 Kudos