cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB HOST_CDC problem with FRDMK64

ktmirshad767
Contributor I

I am working on FRDMK64 board.

I make a new project selecting USB host CDC type and run it, then I get "unknown devide attach" when I connect FTDI usb to serial converter. (but it is working with MK22FN512 USB_DEVICE_CDC). any configuration is required to make it work?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Muhammad,

I haven't FTDI, but I have CH340 and CP2102. They are USB to serial converter too. I think they have same characteristic. I found their interface descriptor are vendor specific. Their bInterfaceClass is 0xff. They need driver suport. I guess FTDI is same with them. You can set a breakpoint in USB_HostCdcEvent() in host_cdc.c, observe hostInterface->interfaceDesc->bInterfaceClass value. If it is 0xff, then the interface descriptor is also vendor specific. You have to modify the demo code to fit for the chip.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

ktmirshad767
Contributor I

Hi Jing Pan,

If you have modified demo code for CH340 or CP2102, please share. Then I can Refer that and modify the demo code fit for FTDI.

Regards,

Muhammad

0 Kudos

ktmirshad767
Contributor I

Hi Jing Pan,

I am Using KSDK_1.3.0  USB Host cdc_serial example. In that where I make this Change?

Regards

Muhammad

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Muhammad,

KSDK1.3.0 is a very old version. Now the most update KSDK is 2.4. I strongly suggest you to use new KSDK to start your project.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos