Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI bootload on KL43Z eval board - which SPI to use

Jump to solution
arep
Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to bootload a KL43Z board through SPI. I was able to start the bootloader by connecting the BOOTCFG pin to the ground, and resetting the board.

I checked it with the debugger, and I'm sure that it booted from the ROM. I read the KL43 Sub-Family Reference Manual, and it's not clear for me that in bootload mode, which peripherals are acive at which pins.

I assume that somewhere there is a pin mux table that shows that which peripheral is connected to which pins after bootloader initialization.

Can somebody help me in this matter?

Best Regards,

Arpad Maroti

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Arpad Maroti:

We are sorry that the Reference Manual was not clear in this aspect. We are aware of this and will clarify it in the next revision of the manual.

For now here you have the correct pinout for the available peripherals in the KL43 ROM bootloader:

pastedImage_0.png

I hope this clarifies. Again our apologies for the confusion.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Arpad Maroti:

We are sorry that the Reference Manual was not clear in this aspect. We are aware of this and will clarify it in the next revision of the manual.

For now here you have the correct pinout for the available peripherals in the KL43 ROM bootloader:

pastedImage_0.png

I hope this clarifies. Again our apologies for the confusion.

Regards!,
Jorge Gonzalez

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

arep
Contributor II

Hi Jorge,

I was able to communicate with the microcontroller on the SPI on PC4..7. We are designing our PCB with KL17s instead of KL43s. I wonder if the pinmux is the same for KL17? We are planning to use the 32-pin or the 48-pin version.

Best regards,

Arpad Maroti

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Arpad:

Yes, the pinmux is the same for the KL17/KL27/KL33/KL43.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
arep
Contributor II

Thank you for your response, I was looking for exactly this table.

Best regards,

Arpad Maroti

0 Kudos