My FRDM-k64 board has a an issue when I boot loaded, red and green little lights turns on at the same time and it is not functioning when I upload any application! any advice how to solve that??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My FRDM-k64 board has a an issue when I boot loaded, red and green little lights turns on at the same time and it is not functioning when I upload any application! any advice how to solve that??

Jump to solution
monakhanafriboo
Contributor II

I need help to solve my k64 issue, after boot loading the board, the red and green lights turns on at the same time so the board is inactive.

how I could solve this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mona,

Please do as :

(1)

pastedImage_0.png

Copy and past "JLink_OpenSDA_V2.bin:(please see the attachment ) to the BOOTLOADER drirve.

Unplug the USB cable and plug it in again.

(2) Find one demo code to test .

If still can not work , please send your project to  me , i can test it on my side.

Hope it helps

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
el18sn
Contributor I

Hello Mona, I am also facing the same issue I'm trying to use the solution Alice has provided but it seems like it's not working, could you please share any useful information regarding this problem if you have any, thank you

0 Kudos
monakhanafriboo
Contributor II

Thank you so much for your replies, I tried all your suggestions, but still no communication. I am using mbed compiler and also KDS. I have attached a picture of my board just to show you how the both lights are on.

k64.JPG

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mona,

Does D1 led light after you only plug the USB ?

If yes,  i have check the Sch about the FRDM-K64 board , this is the rest led, maybe the board is broken.

And do you have other FRDM-K64 board ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
monakhanafriboo
Contributor II

I'm still not able to resolve my issue with this board and I really need your help to guide me to fix it.

Please if someone has an idea just forwarded it to me.

Thanks

0 Kudos
johnny_pe
Contributor III

Mona,

What software environment IDE (CW, KDS, etc) are you using to program your FRDM-K64 board? Are you using the OPENSDA or any external debug tool?

One suggestion is to try programming the Hello World demo from the Kinetis SDK 1.3.0 in Kinetis Design Studio and verify if that application is running.

Regards,
Johnny

P&E Microcomputer Systems

0 Kudos
Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mona Khanafriboor:

Were you able to resolve your issue?

If not, could you please provide more details and the procedure you are following? This way we can provide better suggestions.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos
monakhanafriboo
Contributor II

Hi Jorge and Alice

Thank you so much for your reply, Actually my issue did not solve yet even when I upload new application to it, the 2 red and green lights stayed on, these  2 lights are right cross the reset button. I'm not sure if the board needs any special fixing or it is totally damage.

Looking forward for your advises.

Mona

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mona,

Please do as :

(1)

pastedImage_0.png

Copy and past "JLink_OpenSDA_V2.bin:(please see the attachment ) to the BOOTLOADER drirve.

Unplug the USB cable and plug it in again.

(2) Find one demo code to test .

If still can not work , please send your project to  me , i can test it on my side.

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos
monakhanafriboo
Contributor II

Hey Alice,

I actually went back to your advice and I follow your steps and now my board is functioning correctly.

Thank you so much.

My Best

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Mona,

I think it is no problem with your board , you can create a simple project to test it , for example only turn on the red lights.

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos