MK20DX256VLH7 out of stock everywhere 4-6 months

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MK20DX256VLH7 out of stock everywhere 4-6 months

zacharydickerso
Contributor I

MK20DX256VLH7 has been out of stock everywhere for 2.5 months now, and another 4 months until available.  Your site says ACTIVE, but I beg to differ.  We are now cycling this chip out of all our products and moving to STmicro because of this, and I can not stop the owner at this point.   Are there any guarantees that you can keep the supply flowing?   We need at least 20,000 unit per year, if not 100,000 if the demand moves up.  We can't wait over 4-6 weeks are losing sales now while we re-design.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

First of all, sorry for the later reply.

The Kinetis business has grown tremendously in 2017. We are going to finish the year with a volume shipment increase of almost 2x vs. 2016. As you can imagine this is putting a significant stress on our our manufacturing flow, and this is why we have increased our leadtime during this past year.  

NXP continues to experience higher than forecasted demands on GLOBALFOUNDRIES Fab7 C90TFS technology products. The MK20_72MHz products lead time extended to 39 weeks so far.

Lastly you are going to see a significant increase of shipments in 1H18, based on the latest manufacturing projection that we have received in December.

Sorry for that bring the inconvenience to you

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos