cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kinetis K20 Initial programming Programming

faizel
Contributor I

Hi,

Do we have any provisions to program the kinetis microcontroller (what we are looking right now is K20) without using an extra hardware such as JTAG adapters/Segger. This needs to be done on a fresh K20 MCU out from the factory without any program inside it. We are looking for some options like serial loading. Please reply if anybody do have the answer for this

Regards

Faizel K B

0 Kudos
8 Replies

faizel
Contributor I

Hi,

Any solution??

Regards

Faizel

0 Kudos

faizel
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you.  Do we have any other option which is not depending on any third party hardware/software solutions?. Anything which we can work out (for any kinetis MCU family)?.

Thanks

Faizel

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Faizel,

You can choose some kind of devices which would includes an preprogrammed bootlaoder application from the factory.

And the Fig1 illustrates the supported Kinetis devices.

2016-04-13_11-13-57.jpg

Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

The IC programmer solution are provided by some third party, for instance:

Xeltek:Universal IC Chip Programmers

HI-LO SYSTEMS:Home

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Faizel,

After have a brief look through the statement above, I think you prefer the bootloader solution than the external debugger interface.

However the KBOOT hasn't support the K20 now, you should do an additional porting by from the K22 demo to the K20.

You can learn the more information about the KBOOT through the link below.

Kinetis Bootloader|NXP

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos

faizel
Contributor I

Hi,

Thank you very much for the support. If KBOOT can help us in application program flashing, then the question is how to flash/burn the KBOOT (without an additional hardware). Any Idea?

Thanks

Faizel

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Faizel,

The the bootloader demo should be programed by using the debugger or programming tool.

The debugger still needs the debugger interface to connect the target, however the programmer can program the MCU directly.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

0 Kudos

faizel
Contributor I

Hi,

Thanks.

" however the programmer can program the MCU directly."

Can you explain the above point?.  Which interface it uses and which programmer we have to use?

Regards

Faizel

0 Kudos