cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE06z Bootloader SWD failure

Jump to solution
codyhubman
Contributor III

Currently we are trying to use the KE06z to program our developed board.

For about 15-30 uploads the board seems to work with no issue. Inevitably the board fails to upload the .srec file to the target processor.

We are using our own developed boards to be programmed by the ke06z via the bootloader. When I measure the data, clock, and reset lines with an oscilloscope it still appears that the appropriate signals make it to my board. 

On another note I have noticed that while the output of the 3.3v regulator on the freescale development board is 3.3v the voltage travelling to the target board is 3.1v. I've included a rough diagram of the setup. Let me know if more information is needed.

Also I have found that when I try to redo the bootloader for the KE06z dev board I use as my programmer it seems to be stuck in the bootloader mode every time I plug it in

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
codyhubman
Contributor III

The Open SDA is what I am trying to use. 

The disk name that comes up is FRDM-KE06z.

As an update. I reattached the R58 0 ohm to the clock line. Doing so I was able to program the dev board with the Open SDA. Next I am going to try to isolate the DIO and Reset lines from everything else on the dev board and see if that helps.

EDIT Update:

So I was looking around and found the OPENSDA firmware for segger. I was able to use this firmware on all of the old FRDM KE06z dev boards that were failing with their bootloaders and brought all of them back to life. I am now able to program my boards again with several boards I thought were completely dead. Such a good feeling.

I would be interested in understanding why the KE06 OpenSDA from PE Microlink was failing but at least I have a solution for the time being

Here is a thread that led to a few others that helped me solve this issue.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/459079 

Here is where I downloaded the bootloader firmware

https://www.segger.com/downloads/jlink/#gdbserver_rtos 

pastedImage_4.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Cody,

Does the bootloader run on KE06? Do you download .srec file to KE06 and then KE06 program the code to target chip?

You said that the target board power drop to 3.1V. Who pull the power, KE06 board or target board?

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
codyhubman
Contributor III

Hello Jing, thanks for the reply

So I included an illustration to better represent everything. I do download the .srec file to KE06 dev board and that then downloads the file to the target microprocessor.

The power drops to 3.1V before being connected to the target.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Cody,

I think I understand your application. The KE06 on FRDM board is not used. You want to use the openSDA to program target board. I guess there is a KE06 on target board, isn't it?

The J7 pin1 is 3.07v on my FRDM-KE06 too. The voltage drop on D2. This voltage is fine.

When you connect usb to computer, what disk name appears in computer?

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos
codyhubman
Contributor III

The Open SDA is what I am trying to use. 

The disk name that comes up is FRDM-KE06z.

As an update. I reattached the R58 0 ohm to the clock line. Doing so I was able to program the dev board with the Open SDA. Next I am going to try to isolate the DIO and Reset lines from everything else on the dev board and see if that helps.

EDIT Update:

So I was looking around and found the OPENSDA firmware for segger. I was able to use this firmware on all of the old FRDM KE06z dev boards that were failing with their bootloaders and brought all of them back to life. I am now able to program my boards again with several boards I thought were completely dead. Such a good feeling.

I would be interested in understanding why the KE06 OpenSDA from PE Microlink was failing but at least I have a solution for the time being

Here is a thread that led to a few others that helped me solve this issue.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/459079 

Here is where I downloaded the bootloader firmware

https://www.segger.com/downloads/jlink/#gdbserver_rtos 

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos