Is the Freescale USB Stack v4.1.1 supported on K20 100Mhz Devices?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Freescale USB Stack v4.1.1 supported on K20 100Mhz Devices?

Jump to solution
ChrisD
Contributor I

The Freescale website does not list the K20 100Mhz devices as being supported. Can you confirm whether or not the stack is supported on MK20DX256 100MHz?

I am in the process of porting the USB MSD Device Bootloader  for this device using Processor Expert and the USB MSD CLASS component.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Even though the existing PE examples under Freescale USB stack V4.1.1 does not have example for K20 100MHz. It just has examples for K60. But there is no difference between the USB module for K20 100MHz and K60 100MHz, so you could just create a new PE project for K20 100MHz, then add USB components and generate code, copy the APP code from existing demos.

For detailed steps, please refer to "Freescale Processor Expert USB Components Quick Start Guide" in the stack folder.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Even though the existing PE examples under Freescale USB stack V4.1.1 does not have example for K20 100MHz. It just has examples for K60. But there is no difference between the USB module for K20 100MHz and K60 100MHz, so you could just create a new PE project for K20 100MHz, then add USB components and generate code, copy the APP code from existing demos.

For detailed steps, please refer to "Freescale Processor Expert USB Components Quick Start Guide" in the stack folder.

0 Kudos
egoodii
Senior Contributor III

If we are talking 'rev 2' silicon (datasheets end in 2), then work with the K60 stack.

0 Kudos
ChrisD
Contributor I

Hi Earl,

Thanks for your reply.

The mask revision is 4N22D so this should be revision 2.4.silicon.

I am not sure what you mean by "work with the K60 stack". I am using Codewarrior 10.5 and the Processor Expert component USB MSD CLASS. Are you suggesting I should select the K60 processor as the CPU instead of the K20?

0 Kudos
egoodii
Senior Contributor III

I've never used CW, or PE for Kinetis, so I can't supply any advice there.  All I can say is that using any 'example' code from the 4.1.1 release, I work with the K60-variants because the interrupt/peripheral arrangement for the K20-rev2 silicon is MUCH closer to that than anything called 'K20' in the release.