How to use FlexIO configuration to SENT(SAE-J2716)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use FlexIO configuration to SENT(SAE-J2716)

keanchen
Contributor II

Official examples configure FLEXIO based on SPI and other serial protocols. SENT protocol needs to parse the length of time. How to configure FLEXIO  to parse SENT protocol?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kean,

Could you please tell me which MCU are you working on?

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

keanchen
Contributor II

S32K144, I want to using FlexIO parsing SENT signal of TAS sensor for EPS system

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kean,

If what you are trying to accomplish is a SENT transmitter, FlexIO can theoretically generate SENT frames by using "Dual 8-bit counters PWM mode" with fixed low period and varying high period depending on the nibble value.

On the other hand, if you are trying to make a receiver, FlexIO won't work for you because it doesn't have "input capture" capability.  You will need to use FlexTimer or LPTimer to measure each of pulse width.

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

keanchen
Contributor II

thanks,Using MCAL to Configure S32K ICU to receive SENT?

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kean,

I recommend you to create a different thread for your specific question in the https://community.nxp.com/community/s32/s32k community, as this space is specialized in Kinetis devices.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos