cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No rule to make target

Jump to solution
randalford
Contributor II

Need help getting started with Kenetis design studio.

I try to follow video, but when building ksdk_startup_lib_K22F51212 get error:

16:15:07 **** Build of configuration debug for project ksdk_startup_lib_K22F51212 ****

make -k all

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/platform/devices/startup.c', needed by 'startup/startup.o'.

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/platform/devices/MK22F51212/startup/system_MK22F51212.c', needed by 'startup/system_MK22F51212.o'.

make: Target 'all' not remade because of errors.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

what's KDS and SDK version do you work with?

which video do you refer to?

I just tested ksdk_startup_lib_K22F51212 with KDS3.2 and KSDK1.3, it works normal from my side. see my attached video.

do clean before build is very good to avoid the old association.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Randal,

"no rule to make target" means that the make cannot resolve/find the files (see https://mcuoneclipse.com/2012/03/12/no-rule-to-make-target/ ). Can you do a 'Clean' on the project?

I hope this helps,

Erich

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

what's KDS and SDK version do you work with?

which video do you refer to?

I just tested ksdk_startup_lib_K22F51212 with KDS3.2 and KSDK1.3, it works normal from my side. see my attached video.

do clean before build is very good to avoid the old association.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
randalford
Contributor II

Thank you Zhang for the video. The ones I found are too small to see. Where can I find others in this format? Or even better, a written walk-through. I have resolved the issue by creating a new workspace then following your video.