cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KDS project wizard

claudiobrunelli
Contributor II

Hi

I need to maintain a project based on K27. I'd like to test on frdm K27 some things before to work on the official project but I can not see in the wizard menu the K27 freedom board just to start.

From the new project I select "kinetis sdk 1.x"  but does not appear the frdm k27.

I downloaded the sdk SDK_2.3.1_MKL27Z64xxx4 too. But I thinks it's not right installed.

Seem to be impossible to see the freedom board in the wizard.

Thanks in advance.

Claudio

0 Kudos
4 Replies

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Claudio,

I'm a bit confused of what MCU do you use, K27 or KL27? They are different device, K27 is M4 core and KL27 is M0 core. K27 hasn't FRDM board. It share FRDM board with K28, that is FRDM-K28F. So, if your target is K27, please download K27 SDK from https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com.

Please notice that KDS is fade out. SDK version 2.4, 2.5, 2.6 is not support KDS. So you must select the version lower than 2.4.

Regards,

Jing

claudiobrunelli
Contributor II

Hi Jing Pan.

My apologies for my late in the reply.

Yes, you are right. I did a mistake. I wrote K27 meaning KL27.

Thanks for your suggestions

You have to know I tried, downloading the SDK_2.3.1_MKL27Z32xxx4, to try to install the sdk.

I'm using the procedure "Help", "Install New Software".....But I can't do it.

I do mistakes about it I think.

Do you have the installation procedure, starting from downloaded zip file ?

Regards.

Claudio

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1. Unlike MCUXpresso, KDS doesn't need to install SDK package. You should tell it where is the SDK when you are importing a example.

2. When you build SDK package in https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder , you should select "all toolchain" or "Kinetis Design Studio"

3. You should not select "kinetis sdk 1.x". You should select new->"kinetis sdk 2.x project".

pastedImage_1.png

By the way, NXP suggest customer use MCUXpresso IDE now. It is better than KDS. KDS is fade out.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos

claudiobrunelli
Contributor II

Thanks Jing Pan for your assistance.

I'm going to think to move the project on McuxPresso.

Best regards.

Claudio

0 Kudos