Undefined InitializeUART, ReadUARTN, WriteUARTN

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Undefined InitializeUART, ReadUARTN, WriteUARTN

dan_quist
Contributor III

I asked this question in the Coldfire forum and was told to ask it here.

I'm setting up a new C++ project for a Coldfire MCF52110. Codewarrior 10.2 without MQX.

Everything builds fine until I start including code from the EWL_C++ library - I then get three linker errors.

Undefined InitializeUART Referenced from __init_uart_console

Undefined ReadUARTNReferenced from __read_console

Undefined WriteUARTNReferenced from __write_console

I don't understand why these keep popping up, especially because the files that are getting referenced are getting compiled out using the _EWL_CONSOLE_SUPPORT define.

I've tried rebuilding the EWL project several times, that doesn't seem to help either.

I don't need or want console support. I don't want to provide my own functions because I have no need for them. How do I get rid of these linker errors?

Dan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

trytohelp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Dan,

this is strange error.

By default when you create a project, for some architecture you can select if you want add ConsoleIO.

In this case the project wizard will add some file supporting this feature.

The rule is that your project can use the Console component and you could display value using printf function for instance.:

printf ("Characters: %c %c \n", 'a', 65);

Can you check if your application include the files console_io_cf.c  and exceptions.c ?

By default the feature is enabled in the Project properties, under C/C++ Build ¦ Settings ¦ Coldfire Compiler ¦ language settings, we must add the settings:

Other flags: -define CONSOLE_IO_SUPPORT=1

Please can you provide more details regarding your project ?

Regards

Pascal

0 Kudos

derekdrost
Contributor III

I'm having the same problem, have you had any luck?

0 Kudos