CW 10.5 Error - "Debug Database Initialization"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW 10.5 Error - "Debug Database Initialization"

petrweissar
Contributor I

Hello, I tried to install and run new CodeWarrior SE for MCUs. In first start i get:

An internal error occurred during: "Debug Database Initialization". java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

I can click "Cancel", but when i create Cew MCU project, i get:

An internal error has occurred. java.lang.NullPointerException

And created project is corrupted :-( My OS platform Windows 8 64-bit.

Can anyone help me ? Thanks

Petr

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

good. thanks for sharing your solutions.

0 Kudos

frankbaird
Contributor III

I had this problem with CW 10.6.4. I deleted all my breakpoints and the problem went away.

In my experience, it is best to delete breakpoints immediately after use. If I program a board with a build that has breakpoints defined, even if they are disabled and the programmer is not attached, the CPU still stops at them. This looks like a crash and is terrifying until I figure out what is going on.

0 Kudos

CarlFST60L
Senior Contributor II

Sorry to dig up an old issue, I have searched and not found a solution.

I have just built yet another Windows 7 64 bit ultimate machine and installed CW10.6 (latest download), used online installation, I have gone through the ultra painful, slow, time-wasting individual update process (why is this not automated...). After ive spent half hour doing each individual update, I still get this error when it loads (even if i delete the meta file)

An internal error occurred during: "Debug Database Initialization".

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

I feel like everytime I touch anything in Codewarrior it breaks, really not happy in the last few years with this product.

Was great to also have to wait half an hour for the email password reset

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Carl.

to solve your problem, I need to reproduce it first.

I just downnload your cw_workspace.zip,

but there is not project included.

how to reproduce your problem on my side? thanks!

Have a great day,
Zhang Jun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

try to remove .metadata folder in your workspace then restart CW and test how it works.

if your problem still exists, please upload your project. this need to be tested.

0 Kudos

petrweissar
Contributor I

Hi,

when I start CW IDE, error "Debug Database Initialization" was showed again (see attachment codewarrior_ide_12132013_084155.log).

I test to create new MCU project with s08 (LL 36), error in java - see attachment 201312130849_DiagnosticInfo.zip.

Project wasn't created, content of workspace directory - see cw_workspace.zip.

Thanks for help

Petr

0 Kudos