cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC546 - Programmierschnittstelle zu PC per USB

Jump to solution
s-mwittw
Contributor I

In einem studentischen Projekt soll der LPC54616J512BD100E Microcontroller verwendet werden, um eine Abstands-/ Hindernisserkennung mit Ultraschallwandlern zu implementieren. Die berechneten Daten sollen per CAN FD andren Komponenten zur Verfügung gestellt werden. Als IDE wurde MCUXpresso ausgewählt.

Hierfür soll eine eigene Platine entworfen werden, also kein fertiges Development Board benutzt werden.

Das Problem ist nun, wie ein Bootloader aufgespielt und der MC später programmiert werden kann.

Gewünscht wäre eine mini USB Typ B Schnittstelle. (aus Product Data Sheet: " Flash updates via USB")

Ist dies möglich? Was muss hierfür beachtet werden, welche Pins sind relevant?

Ich würde mich über jegliche Art an Hilfe freuen :smileyhappy:

mit freundlichen Grüßen

Michael

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Yes, that's right. 

Have a great day,
Sol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Please check the following application note, in this appnote a simple Secondary Bootloader (SBL) software is designed. It can optionally load the new image from user UART terminal. The YModem file transfer protocol is used in this design to transfer the image file from PC to the board. In-Application Programming (IAP) feature is used to download the firmware's image to on-chip FLASH memory. The demo project is developed based on LPCXpresso54608 board and MCUXpresso SDK Software Library. 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12384.pdf

The following Figure shows the basic board connections used to power the LPC546xx. devices, connect the external crystal and the 32 kHz oscillator for the RTC, and provide debug capabilities via the serial wire port.

pastedImage_1.png

Have a great day,
Sol

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
s-mwittw
Contributor I

thank you very much.

i have found the LPC LINK2 debug probe.

is it sufficient ( for flashing my first program on the custom made PCB with the LPC546XX )  to place an SWD 10 pin header with 1.27mm pitch with the few connections in your picture ?

Then i could flash my program using the LINK2 that is connected to the PC via USB, correct ?

best regard 

Michael

0 Kudos
soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Yes, that's right. 

Have a great day,
Sol

Note:

0 Kudos
fatihozen
Contributor IV

Hi soledad,

Related project about this topic is Keil project. https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note-software/AN12384SW.zip   

Is that possible to change it to McuXpresso IDE and may I debug it for OM13092 kit ?

0 Kudos