Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug bootloader and application codes together in MCUXpresso

Jump to solution
MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Hello,

Some time ago, it was posted a tutorial about how to debug bootloader and application code together in KDS.Debugging Bootloader and Application using Kinetis Design Studio.  I have tried to follow the its steps, using .axf file, instead of .elf file, but it didn't work.

Could anybody tell me how to do it in MCUXpresso?

Thanks and best regards,

Marco Coelho

DFAE - Siletec Eletronica

1 Solution
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco,

Which debug connection are you using? I have done a quick test using the Jlink connection and I'm able to debug both  projects by adding this command to the debug Run Commands:

add-symbol-file C:\\Users\\b38285\\Documents\\MCUXpressoIDE_10.0.0_344\\workspace\\MK64FN1M0xxx12_Project_2\\Debug\\MK64FN1M0xxx12_Project_2.axf 0x80000

pastedImage_1.png

The address 0x80000 corresponds to the first flash section of the second project which was previously flashed to the MCU:

pastedImage_3.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco,

Which debug connection are you using? I have done a quick test using the Jlink connection and I'm able to debug both  projects by adding this command to the debug Run Commands:

add-symbol-file C:\\Users\\b38285\\Documents\\MCUXpressoIDE_10.0.0_344\\workspace\\MK64FN1M0xxx12_Project_2\\Debug\\MK64FN1M0xxx12_Project_2.axf 0x80000

pastedImage_1.png

The address 0x80000 corresponds to the first flash section of the second project which was previously flashed to the MCU:

pastedImage_3.png

Hope it helps!

Best Regards,
Carlos Mendoza

MAPC
Senior Contributor I

Well, that's embarrassing, Carlos!

I simply inserted the wrong application's path in Debug Configurations! I can't believe I committed such a mistake.

Sorry for bothering you with that.

Regards,

Marco Coelho

DFAE - Siletec Eletronica

0 Kudos
Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco,

No problem, it is good to hear that it is now working correctly.

Best Regards!
Carlos Mendoza

0 Kudos