Codewarrior 5.1 Installation Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Codewarrior 5.1 Installation Issues

rajkumarvinodka
Contributor II

I am trying to install Codewarrior 5.1 on my Windows-7 64-bit machine.

The package from the web shows the following files to be installed as a part of 5.1

148686_148686.pngpastedImage_0.png

When I begin installation, the following files were installed in sequence:-

• CodeWarrior for HCS12(X) Microcontrollers v5.1.exe
  • CodeWarrior for HCS12 v5.1 Compiler Update.exe
  • CodeWarrior for HCS12 v5.1 G240 Service Pack.exe
  • CodeWarrior for HCS12 v5.1 VR64 Service Pack.exe
  • CodeWarrior for HCS12 v5.1 GA128GN32 Service Pack.exe

The next one that I tried was:-

• CodeWarrior for HCS12 v5.1 G64 Service Pack.exe

148687_148687.pngpastedImage_2.png

executing which resulted in the below alert window popping, that I decided to skip (clicked the "No" button) this one. I don't know where to find this "Processor Expert v3.03 Service Pack"

The next one I tried was Processor Expert updates V3.05 for CodeWarrior for HCS12 v5.1.exe, and the installation got stuck at the below now. Looks like this needs the previous step to be successful in order for this one to succeed.

148691_148691.pngpastedImage_3.png

What should be the exact installation sequence? And what other files (than listed in the website on 5.1) would be required and where to find them?

One more, is the Codewarrior 5.1 designed to function well with Windows-7 (ot 8 or 10) 64-bit?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello

My PC is win7 - 64 bit , the cw5.1 can work well.

About the first reminder , you can download and install PEv3_5:

pastedImage_0.png

About the CW 5.1 install you can refer to the DOC of attachment .

And which chip do you used , you can refer to your demand to install .

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rajkumarvinodka
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

I needed to use MC9S12DG128CPVE part.

Not sure which variant should I be looking for in the CW IDE.

Thanks

Vinod

Sent from my HTC

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rajkumar,

I think you  need only install these

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_2.png

then  you create one project about your chip to have a try .

The other updates is about the other chip you can see from the name .

Have a great day,
Alice

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

rajkumarvinodka
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

But when I try to install the Processor Expert V3.05 I end up getting the following error alert.

Infact, I had initially install CodeWarrior 5.2, but it did not show support for MC9S12DG128CPVE

One more question apart from the below, what is the Codewarrior IDE I should be using for this chip (MC9S12DG128CPVE)?

I found G240, VR64, and GA128 from the CW 5.1 download (collection) and got them installed but could not install the G64 as it called for Processor Expert V3.03 to be installed first, and I don’t know where to find it.

Thanks

Rajkumar Vinod Kanna

Mobile: +91-9980523712

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rajkumar,

- CW 5.1 support the chip of "MC9S12DG128CPV" , ( cw 5.2 do not support it .)i have install cw5.1, you can see:

pastedImage_0.png

- If you do not use these chips :

pastedImage_1.png

you do not need install them , if you want to install them, after you download , please double click to install them :

pastedImage_2.png

About the PEv3.03, you can use the v3.05, this is the latest version .

Hope it helps

Alice

0 Kudos

rajkumarvinodka
Contributor II

Hello Alice,

1- We use MC9S12DG128CPVE. You have listed MC9S12DGBCPV. What’s the difference?

2- I am not able to find the exact part we use (MC9S12DG128CPVE), the project option provides for BCPV that you have listed. How to get the option for the part we use (the MC9S12DG128CPVE)?

3- Wil CW 5.1 support USB Multilink Universal and the CYCLONE_UNIVERSAL programmers? Do these programmers support the part we use? Or is there any specific programmer/debugger you recommend?

Thanks

Vinod

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vinod,

- The chip of MC9S12DGBCPV , the "B" is enhance version , your chip can also

use this too. the PV is meaning 112LQFP , the PVE is lead-free 112LQFP, they are the same .

pastedImage_0.png

So when you create project on CW5.1 ,please select

pastedImage_1.png

-  Yes , they are all support the chip , you can find on the PEmicro site :

P&E Microcomputer Systems: Over 30 years as an Industry leader in Embedded Systems Development Tools...

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

Hope it helps

Have a great day,
Alice

0 Kudos