Sample include files for the MC9S08QB8 register and bit definitions?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample include files for the MC9S08QB8 register and bit definitions?

bpaehr
Contributor IV

Developing a small application using an MC9S08QB8 processor.  Does NXP (or any other source) have header/include files that have pre-defined register and bit definitions so that I don't have to type all of the definitions into my project?  I'm using a PKGHCS08_SW software package from pemicro and they don't seem to provide these kind of files.

Labels (1)
13 Replies

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

I already send you the files, did you get them?

Regards

0 Kudos

bpaehr
Contributor IV

Vicente provided the "mc9s08qb8_demo.7z" file directly to my own e-mail, which was the header file I needed.  I have also since found out that there is an evaluation version of CodeWarrior for projects that generate 64K or less of object code (see this thread):

Is there a free version of CodeWarrior available?

I am currently in the process of installing that version, but ran into a notification screen prior to the actual install that says something about updating a USBTAP driver, which, if installed, will break any previous CodeWarrior installations (I have CW5.9 installed for HCS12-device work).  I will post more notes here when I have resolved that issue.

0 Kudos

bpaehr
Contributor IV

Tony:

Thank you for providing this.  I will keep this in my hip pocket if the include file provided in the sample code by Vicente doesn't work out for me for some reason.  Also, much appreciated.

0 Kudos

tonyp
Senior Contributor II

I have CW6.3 SE installed under Win7 x64.  It was a long time ago but I think I had followed the instructions here:

Install CodeWarrior 6.3 Windows 7 & 10 x64 directly (Classic version)

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bod

I saw that you already create a case for this request

I will answer you on it.

I just want to clarify codewarrior 6.3 does not run on 64 bit Win 7. I  you will use 64 bit windows you will need to use code warrior 10.x  that also have some sample code for the  qb device

This is the normal folder where you can find the sample code after you instal codewarrior

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.6.4\MCU\CodeWarrior_Examples\HC_Examples\mc9s08qb8_demo

Regards

Vicente

bpaehr
Contributor IV

Thank you Vicente, that was exactly what I needed -- all of the definitions in an include file.

Much appreciated!

0 Kudos

tonyp
Senior Contributor II
0 Kudos

bpaehr
Contributor IV

I truly appreciate the info, Tony, however, my work server blocked me from accessing the link provided.  Tried it at home instead, and did not realize it was a full (170MB+) install.  It would not install, though, on my 64-bit Windows7 laptop, even when I tried to use the alternate settings for the install.

I will try to contact NXP Sales directly, since I wish to use (and keep using) their processor for this application.

0 Kudos

tonyp
Senior Contributor II

This is from the free CW6.3 Special Edition.  You can download it yourself.  It's just a bit big.

0 Kudos

bpaehr
Contributor IV

I was hoping that NXP would have some general text files that had the register information so I wouldn't have to type everything, (and possibly overlook something) -- just use what's already defined.  I don't think I can ask anyone to provide that information from something I have not purchased.  Since it's a small version of the processor with a low quantity of I/O's and registers, I'll just go ahead and define them myself.

I thank you for your replies.

0 Kudos

tonyp
Senior Contributor II

By 'this one' I meant the one you're looking for (QB8).  Because not all variants were included in that package.  For example, the newer PA4 is nowhere to be found.

bpaehr
Contributor IV

Tony:

You say "This one" came with Codewarrior 6.x.  WHAT one?  Did you mean to add an attachment (if that's possible)?

I have had Codewarrior 5.9 for quite some time, but it is only configured for 9S12 devices.  I went with the HCS08 package from pemicro because it was cheaper, but now I see it lacks some supporting files I probably would have gotten with Codewarrior for HCS08 devices.

0 Kudos

tonyp
Senior Contributor II

This one came with CodeWarrior 6.x If you can't find it, I have a slightly modified copy.

0 Kudos