Hello Freescale community, i am using MC908GP32CFBE in one of my product. While i am using it, i am facing to reprogram it.I am using to save and reprogram this by "Super Pro 5000" programmer. But this time i failed to do it, while other micro controllers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Freescale community, i am using MC908GP32CFBE in one of my product. While i am using it, i am facing to reprogram it.I am using to save and reprogram this by "Super Pro 5000" programmer. But this time i failed to do it, while other micro controllers

sudeepsrivastav
Contributor I

Hello Freescale community, i am using MC908GP32CFBE in one of my product. While i am using it, i am facing to reprogram it.I am using to save and reprogram this by "Super Pro 5000" programmer. But this time i failed to do it, while other micro controllers can easily be read and reprogrammed.Could you please suggest me the possible way to read and reprogram it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

john_suchyta
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Sudeep,

The security bytes are required to re-program any MC908 device. If you do not have the original .s19 file for the chip you will not have the correct security bytes. You should be able to mass erase the flash of the GP32 with the programmer and program the original .s19 file. Note that if you do not have the original .s19 file, you could be trying to break into a secured chip. The security feature is there to prevent breaking into secured chips.

Regards,

John Suchyta

0 Kudos

sudeepsrivastav
Contributor I

I am getting more clear :

This is regarding inability in reading IC MC908GP32 CFBE using Super pro 5000 and 5000E programmer since the security bytes from location $FFF6-$FFFD as suggested by datasheet.

Kindly suggest a way to read and then reprogram the flash using programmer SUPERPRO 5000 OR 5000E and provide the quotation for the same or some other tools to avoid the security locks.

0 Kudos