Loading Sample SDK on IMX6 SABRE board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loading Sample SDK on IMX6 SABRE board

bettyvenugopala
Contributor I

We are working on IMX6 SABRE board, and we are trying to execute the sample SDK program which is available on the Freescale site.

We tried using UBOOT to load the build with "loady" option, however whenever we give a run by saying "Go (start address of elf)" it gets stuck after showing "Starting application at (address of elf)".

We tried using MFG tool however it always shows as disconnected, we connected the USB to the OTG port for this and running it on a WIN7 PC.

There is also SD card method mentioned in the README.pdf, we were able to load the binary on the SD card however the pdf mentions about some configuration switches, but our board has only one DIP switch SW6. With that also its not working.

Please let us know how to load the sample program on the board.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Betty

you can use attached example (it is based on SDK and is loaded using MFG Tool to

iRAM 0x909000).

For Uboot usage one needs to change startup.s:

ivt_header        B startup         ;DCD   0x402000D1   
app_code_jump_vector    B startup         ;DCD   startup 
                  DCD   0
dcd_ptr           DCD   0
boot_data_ptr     DCD   boot_data   
self_ptr          DCD   ivt_header  
                  DCD   0
                  DCD   0
boot_data         DCD   0x00909000
image_len         DCD   end_image-ivt_header ; 0x10000  ; 64 KB  app size
plugin            DCD   0

startup:

=====================

In Uboot execute commands:

loady 0x909000

go 0x0090902C

2C is offset of startup from loading position (0x909000).

Uboot loady should not use elf file and it is better to try MFG Tool with WinXP.

Also check that correct usb connector (one is USB-COM) on IMX6 SABRE board is used for usb.

Best regards

chip

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bettyvenugopala
Contributor I

Hi,

I updated the startup.s as you mentioned. And i am trying to compile it. I am using cygwin and giving "make" command at the following path "\MX6DQ_SDP_LED\Debug" but its giving me error as

"main.d:6: *** target pattern contains no '%'. Stop."

Is this the right way of compiling the sample code that you have sent? Please let me know how do i compile it.

Thanks,

betty.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Betty

example is compiled in ARM RVDS 3.1.

Unfortunately did not try it with SDK.

I think You can analyse headers of both examples in hex editor and

edit necessary data. Below link showing how to run SDK examples in iRAM.

iRAM (OCRAM) i.MX6 SDK Application

Best regards

chip

0 Kudos