Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freescale's sensor (accelerometer) kit issue

Jump to solution
chethankumar
Contributor III

Hi

MMA8451Q Accelerometer is not getting detected when it is connected to the laptop through USB.

Sensor toolbox is displaying "Finding HW, Please plug in the board. Scanning port:COMX

The LED(CR2) in LFSTBUSB (Sensor tool box USB interface board)  keeps on blinking which was not blinking before.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chethan,

S19 files are located inside the Sensor Toolbox\Bootloaders folder.

Make sure to select the MC9S08QE8 MCU and 36kHz custom trim frequency. After loading the code, do not forget to power cycle the board, press the green button (Start - F5) and run the STB GUI. Again, the whole process is described here.

Regards,

Tomas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chethan,

I have just answered it here.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
chethankumar
Contributor III

Thank you Tomas

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You are welcome, Chethan.

Let me know if you have any other problems.

Have a good day and thanks for using Freescale community.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
chethankumar
Contributor III

Hi Tomas

Is it possible to provide a source code for a sensor kit and for mma8451q accelerometer?

Thanks and regards

Ck

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chethan,

I have just tried to re-program the Sensor Toolbox board with the driver program (AN4076SW) and communicate with it using the HyperTerminal, but I am having some problems to make it running. Give me some time to look into it.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
chethankumar
Contributor III

Even i tried to re-programme with same driver code and that time my board didnt goot detected. It showed error as Please plug in the board

Thanks

CK

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chethan,

I made it working. Look at the attached file where I described all necessary steps to run it properly.

Let me know if there are still any problems.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
chethankumar
Contributor III

Hi Tomas

Is it possible to provide source code of the sensor starter kit (accelerometer, pressure sensor, touch sensor) i.e source code for the .s19 file generated by Freescale (i,e source code for default executable file generated by Freescale).

Thanks and regards

CK

0 Kudos
TomasVaverka
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Chethan,

S19 files are located inside the Sensor Toolbox\Bootloaders folder.

Make sure to select the MC9S08QE8 MCU and 36kHz custom trim frequency. After loading the code, do not forget to power cycle the board, press the green button (Start - F5) and run the STB GUI. Again, the whole process is described here.

Regards,

Tomas

0 Kudos
reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Can you please try to turn off and on the board (or disconnect and reconnect) during the “Finding HW” scanning?

I know that this could sound silly, but it works most of the times.

We recently found a problem with the Main Launcher and it will be fixed on the next revision of the Sensor Toolbox software.

Please let me know if you still have problems after this.

If this don't solve your problem then you probably will have to re-program your board.

0 Kudos
chethankumar
Contributor III

Hi Reyes i tried that already but it is not working? And i don't have any binary file to re-programme that? Can you provide source code and Binary file for that...

Thanks and regards

Ck

0 Kudos
chethankumar
Contributor III

HI

I got the .s19 file for sensor starter kit from freescale. and i dumped that to MC9S08QE8 controller but still my board is not getting detected. Still showing error as "Please plug in the board" . So what might be the issue? Pls help me..Its too urgent..

Thanks and regards

CK

0 Kudos