First to release WEC7 on i.MX6 Development Platform

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First to release WEC7 on i.MX6 Development Platform

iWave
Contributor V

Bangalore,June-2012: iWave Systems, profoundly known for its genuine embedded solution offerings spanning from SOMs to fully integrated systems announced the availability of Windows Embedded Compact 7 (WEC7) reference BSP for Q7 compatible i.MX6 System-On-Module (SOM) besides the existing Linux 3.0.15 & Android ICS 4.0 BSP versions. All the latest features that WEC7 offers such as Silverlight 3.0, Connect and Consumer Media, MPEG-4 HD, MTP, Multi-Touch, Expression Blend, Active Sync and also Adobe Flash10.1 are made available.

Targeted For: Running WEC7 on i.MX6 Platform offers increased flexibility & greater multimedia support for embedded applications such as Automotive IVI, Telematics, Interactive POS, Industrial HMI & many more.

Peripherals Supported :The WEC7 standard BSP release supports diverse features like 7” TFT LCD, Resistive Touch Screen ,RS232 Serial Console port, Micro SD, Standard SD, USB 2.0 Host, USB2.0 device, Ethernet, Audio (IN, OUT), SATA HDD port, HDMI port etc. Debugging tools like KITL and Active Sync are also supported.

iWave has developed custom device drivers (Multimedia,Storage,Communication) supporting the release.

By partnering with Microsoft & the major Silicon vendors, iWave has integrated the unique expertise of windows embedded technologies with the ARM Cortex processors like Freescale’s i.MX, Texas instruments’ OMAP/DaVinci/Sitara as well as Intel Atom processors. iWave has already enabled more than 20+ WinCE powered products which are specifically tailored to fit into any application in Industrial, Automotive & Medical segments. iWave’s SOMs & customized solutions offer longevity , Scalability & Optimum Time to market to the customers.

For the complete PR, visit http://iwavesystems.com/?q=node/266

Related Video http://iwavesystems.com/?q=node/266

1 Reply

RongDian
Contributor I

Good

0 Kudos