表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

LED cannot blinking when loading firmware via SDcard

ソリューションへジャンプ
1,046件の閲覧回数
JayCao
Contributor III

Hello Support team,

I am currently utilizing the RT1176 EVK for our testing purposes.

Following the guide provided at the link below:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-RT-Knowledge-Base/RT1050-SDRAM-app-code-boot-from-SDcard-burn-with...

While there were no issues encountered during the utilization of MCUBootUtility and SecureProvisioning, I am experiencing difficulties with the LED blinking functionality.

JayCao_0-1711359016143.png

Could you please assist me in identifying and resolving the underlying issue?

Best regard,

タグ(3)
0 件の賞賛
返信
1 解決策
985件の閲覧回数
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JayCao ,

Thanks for your kind patience!

This issue is now solved : by setting the bus width of the SD card option to 4bit, which corresponds to SW2 Pin10 being set to 1. (1bit seems to be having some issues at the moment and is being troubleshooted internally, so we'd recommend you use it this way for now)

I tested it using MCUBootUtility with the following configuration:

Gavin_Jia_1-1711683207283.png

For SD card boot and 4bit bus width, we need to pull Pin7 and Pin10 of SW2 high.

Best regards,
Gavin

元の投稿で解決策を見る

8 返答(返信)
1,025件の閲覧回数
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JayCao ,

Thanks for your interest in NXP MIMXRT series!

I am working on this thread for you and once there are new developments I'll let you know.

I tested it before with RT1050EVKB and it was working fine. I will test it with RT1170EVKB for you these days. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Best regards,
Gavin

1,022件の閲覧回数
JayCao
Contributor III
Thanks @Gavin,
I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Best regards,
Jay Cao
0 件の賞賛
返信
986件の閲覧回数
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JayCao ,

Thanks for your kind patience!

This issue is now solved : by setting the bus width of the SD card option to 4bit, which corresponds to SW2 Pin10 being set to 1. (1bit seems to be having some issues at the moment and is being troubleshooted internally, so we'd recommend you use it this way for now)

I tested it using MCUBootUtility with the following configuration:

Gavin_Jia_1-1711683207283.png

For SD card boot and 4bit bus width, we need to pull Pin7 and Pin10 of SW2 high.

Best regards,
Gavin

977件の閲覧回数
JayCao
Contributor III

Hello Gavin,

I've tested it, and it's working on our testing now.

However, upon inspection, I noticed some differences from the guide.

1. Does this bus apply only to i.MX RT117x products, or can it apply to all products? I'm currently only working with i.MX RT117x products, so I can't test it with other NXP products.
  2. According to the guide, the Stack location is set as End, but I had to change it to Start for the LED blinking example to work. Which one is true in this case?

JayCao_1-1711693326682.png

3. How can I debug this type of application?

Your clarification on these points would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Jay Cao

0 件の賞賛
返信
885件の閲覧回数
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JayCao ,

Thanks for your update.

1. As of now, it only applies to RT1170, I haven't found this problem in other products.

2. I don't see a step to change the Stack location in the guide you mentioned. I have kept the default on my side as well and was able to work fine.

Gavin_Jia_0-1712128162348.png

3. Booting from the SD card does not allow Debug because it is not the XIP memory. The code must be debugged in RAM before it can be put into the SD card for booting and running.

Best regards,

Gavin

0 件の賞賛
返信
862件の閲覧回数
JayCao
Contributor III
Hello Gavin,
Thanks so much for your support!
For question 3:
1. As I know eMMC and sdcard are of the same type and it does not allow debugging because it is not the XIP memory. Am I right?
2. If not, is there any debugging guidance?

Best regards,
Jay
0 件の賞賛
返信
787件の閲覧回数
Gavin_Jia
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @JayCao ,

Hope you are doing well!

1. Yes, you are right. We cannot debug directly in non-XIP memory.

2. So, we can use the Link-To-RAM function first, and after debugging the program in RAM, then we can just flash the confirmed image to the SD card. This is also a very convenient and easy way.

Best regards,
Gavin

0 件の賞賛
返信
747件の閲覧回数
JayCao
Contributor III
Hello Gavin,
Thanks so much for your support!
Best regards,
Jay
0 件の賞賛