Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[LPSPI] complex transfer with peripheral FIFO

Jump to solution
MassimilianoPegaso
Contributor II

Hello Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I'm reaching out to seek some assistance regarding managing SPI communication with the utilization of FIFO functionalities of the peripheral.

Background: I'm currently working on a project that involves SPI communication between #i.MX-RT1050## and an ADC device. To streamline the data transfer process and enhance efficiency, I'm looking into implementing it using the peripheral command/data FIFO. However, I'm facing some challenges in integrating this feature into my project.

Request for Support: I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could provide guidance, insights, or resources on how to effectively manage SPI communication while using the peripheral command/data FIFO to manage communication with multiple CS cycles using only one call to LPSPI_MasterTransferNonBlocking or other functions.

Time Diagram Reference: I've attached an image of the time diagram illustrating the SPI communication process for reference.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. I look forward to your responses and insights.

Best regards.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MassimilianoPegaso ,

Multiple CS cycles mean multiple frames/transfers, I don't think one call to LPSPI_MasterTransferNonBlocking may implement such functionality, maybe you have to define a custom API based on LPSPI_MasterTransferNonBlocking. 

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MassimilianoPegaso ,

Multiple CS cycles mean multiple frames/transfers, I don't think one call to LPSPI_MasterTransferNonBlocking may implement such functionality, maybe you have to define a custom API based on LPSPI_MasterTransferNonBlocking. 

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos