cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u-boot cannot load QNX IFS on imx8qm mek

rafaelroquetto
Contributor II

Hello there,

I am trying to boot a QNX IFS image using u-boot (the image is actually the one that ships with the QNX 7.1 BSP). I load the image into memory to address 0x82300000 but when I issue the command 'go 0x82300800', the board stalls at the following message:

=> go 82300800
## Starting application at 0x82300800 ...

I have tried all kinds of possible IFS setups - from raw, to elf and binary (and adjusted the u-boot commands accordingly). The same image can be booted by the QNX IPL. Ah, I have explicitly disabled the data cache using 'dcache off' prior to issuing the 'go' command.

Would anyone be able to shed some light on where I may be going wrong? I am not even sure whether the jump to the QNX startup program is being made, and not really sure how to debug this either.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

fcann1234
Contributor I

Hi,

I am observing the exact same problem and was wondering if there has been any solution? QNX has not been able to help me.

Thank You,

Frank

0 Kudos

rafaelroquetto
Contributor II

Hey!

So, it's been a while since I last touched this and it is not as fresh in my mind, but to have u-boot working I had to enable ATF on the BSP.

I've attached a patch you can use as reference.

I then used the u-boot binaries provided by NXP (imx-boot-imx8qmmek-sd.bin-flash
 I guess).

I hope that helps!

0 Kudos

fcann1234
Contributor I

Thank you @rafaelroquetto ! I will take a look.

Frank

0 Kudos

rafaelroquetto
Contributor II

Hi @Yuri ,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. That makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately even after disabling the caches before any loading I still see the issue. I traced it down to the QNX startup program code trying to switch from EL2 to EL1 - it freezes when setting the exception vector (vbar_el2).

I will contact QNX, let me know if that rings any bells.

Thanks again!

Rafael

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

@rafaelroquetto 
Hello,

You mentioned about "data cache using 'dcache off' prior to issuing the 'go'".
I think it makes sense to issue 'dcache off'  ASAP, before any loading.

Also, it makes sense to apply to QNX support directly.

Regards,
Yuri.

0 Kudos