cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secure Boot on i.MX6 - signing with several keys

patrickjakob
Contributor II

Dear NXP Community,

i want to test the secure Boot feature on i.MX6. I created 4 SRK-Keys with the CST and can sign the U-Boot. I burned the SRK-Hash table to the fuses and set the fuse sec_config to closed. I can signing the U-Boot image, download it and start it. Unsigned or wrong signed images dont start and i get HAB Events, so everything works fine.

I tried it only with the first SRK-Key. So my next test is signing the image with the second SRK-Key. I think i only have to change some commands in the CSF. So i changed the command "Install SRK" argument "source index" from 0 to 1 and changed the "file" argument of the Commands "Install CSFK" and "Install Key". Now i can sign the Image but if i authenticate the image i get HAB Events. So my question is can i sign the image with the second SRK-Key or must i revoke the first key and after that i can authenticate the image with the second key?

best regards

Patrick Jakob

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

double check  SRK_1_2_3_4_table.bin's size;  are all 4 SRK keys in the SRK table

Only the first SRK0 may present in SRK_1_2_3_4_table.bin file, because of  spaces 

between SRK certificates keys files after "," in srktool cmd line to generate SRK_1_2_3_4_table.bin.

One must pay attention to the instruction in srktool --help that mention

"Certificate filenames must be separated by a ','with no spaces"

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Basically any of SRK (with burned proper hash) may be used for signing.

The revocation is intended to disable using compromised SRK.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------