cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recovery of file sytem if it got corrupted

bandarulavanya
Contributor V

Hi All,

I want to use the factory reset concept here. If my file system in board got corrupted then i want to flash the backup image of file system which is loaded in some other location in nand. I am using watchdog timer if i got crash to reboot the system, but if file system got corrupted in that case how can i check that and how can i flash the back up image. If anyone knows can help me to solve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Lavanya

0 Kudos
1 Reply

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually, this is a kind of question, not directly related with any of the NXP product, but some kind of common one of data/file system management practices.

Actually, there is no common method of managing file system recovery, the methods depend on hardware platforms and OSes. Different methods are implemented in Windows, Android OS etc. Most of them are "manual", i.e. operator's participation is required to recover the system.

For Unix-like systems, most common file system recovery tool seems to be fsck, please check its features:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fsck

Of course, some custom solutions are possible, e.g. calculating the ECC for the whole filesystem each time the system shuts down and then re-calculate and compare it at early boot stage every time the system boots up. However, significant software efforts seem to be required to implement such a solution.

Best Regards,
Artur

0 Kudos