imx8mp gstreamer issue:I want to set a video on fix position with fix size

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx8mp gstreamer issue:I want to set a video on fix position with fix size

MicMoba
Contributor V

I am not able to show a video with fix size on a fix position. Here is my GStreamer-pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 imxcompositor_g2d name=comp sink_0::xpos=0 sink_0::ypos=0 sink_0::width=320 sink_0::height=240 ! waylandsink window-width=320 window-height=240 filesrc location=/home/moba/codesys/Videos/TestedByMW.mp4 ! qtdemux ! vpudec ! videoconvert ! comp.sink_0

I call the same pipeline 4 times and the video always has another position on the screen. Look at the attached images.

On my device I use the wayland display server protocol.

My objective is to place a video with a fixed size to absolute corordinates.

E.g:
Size=320x240
xpos= 50
ypos=100

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ClaireT
Contributor I

I recently encountered an issue with Quicktime where I couldn't figure out how to split a video. After some digging, I found a fantastic solution that might help others facing the same challenge. I came across this comprehensive guide on the Movavi Learning Portal: https://www.movavi.com/learning-portal/best-free-mp4-editors.html. It not only explains how to split videos but also introduces some excellent free MP4 editors. I found it incredibly helpful and thought it might benefit the community here. Feel free to check it out and let me know if it solves your Quicktime video-splitting dilemma too! Happy editing!

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

set xpos and ypos to position, like sink_0::xpos=500 sink_0::ypos=500

0 Kudos

MicMoba
Contributor V

sink_0::xpos=500 sink_0::ypos=500 moves only the video inside the window which is defined with window-with and window-height at waylandsink.

It does not move the window itself

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

waylandsink doesn't support window position, maybe you can try ivi-shell

0 Kudos

MicMoba
Contributor V

I tried ivi-shell, but it seems the same problem. 

1. The output Window is very very small

2. Every time I call for example a gstreamer the output window will appear at another position

3. I can not scale the window. Neither the size nor the position can be set.

0 Kudos