显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

i.mx8qm DRAM ecc configuration

跳至解决方案
632 次查看
roffelsen
Contributor I

Can someone point me to documentation on how configure, enable, and test DRAM ECC on the i.mx 8QuadMax? IMX8QMRM indicates ECC on DRAM is supported but I can't find any details on how to enable it.

0 项奖励
回复
1 解答
539 次查看
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Correct this answer, i.MX8QM doesn't support ECC, iMX8DXL support this, the ECC keyword  in reference manual and DDR script doesn't mean it supports ECC.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
回复
4 回复数
624 次查看
roffelsen
Contributor I

> IMX8QMRM indicates ECC on DRAM

I think I have to take that back, the manual mentions ECC in the DDR Controller section but no where do I find it saying it is supported. Given that and the lack of documentation on how to configure it I am guessing ECC on DRAM is not supported.

0 项奖励
回复
573 次查看
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The default setting has enabled the ecc feature, can you share if you are facing issue in your product.

0 项奖励
回复
561 次查看
roffelsen
Contributor I

Are you saying  the i.mx8qm supports ecc on DRAM and turns it on by default at processor startup?

If so:

1) Can you point me to where this is documented?

2) What is the processor response when a non-correctable double bit DRAM ecc error occurs?

3) If there a way to inject ecc errors in DRAM so  fault response can be tested?

0 项奖励
回复
540 次查看
Zhiming_Liu
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Correct this answer, i.MX8QM doesn't support ECC, iMX8DXL support this, the ECC keyword  in reference manual and DDR script doesn't mean it supports ECC.

0 项奖励
回复