i.MX6 Security: What's the difference between Secured and Trusted modes?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Security: What's the difference between Secured and Trusted modes?

Jump to solution
MickeyI
Contributor III

Hi,

I see some references to Secured and Trusted modes in the security reference manual. What's the difference between those two states and what makes the i.MX6 enter each one of these states?

Thanks,

Mickey.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MickeyI
Contributor III

Found it in the Security Reference Manual:

Secure Mode is the normal operating mode of CAAM. The Security State Machine within the SNVS

determines when CAAM is operating in Secure Mode.

Trusted Mode is a special operating mode of CAAM. The Security State Machine within the SNVS

determines when CAAM is operating in Trusted Mode. This mode is implemented so that trusted boot-

time software, or a hypervisor or TrustZone Secure World software can store data in and retrieve data

from Trusted Mode Blobs that are not accessible to software running while CAAM is in Secure Mode

or NonSecure Mode.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MickeyI
Contributor III

Found it in the Security Reference Manual:

Secure Mode is the normal operating mode of CAAM. The Security State Machine within the SNVS

determines when CAAM is operating in Secure Mode.

Trusted Mode is a special operating mode of CAAM. The Security State Machine within the SNVS

determines when CAAM is operating in Trusted Mode. This mode is implemented so that trusted boot-

time software, or a hypervisor or TrustZone Secure World software can store data in and retrieve data

from Trusted Mode Blobs that are not accessible to software running while CAAM is in Secure Mode

or NonSecure Mode.

0 Kudos
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos