i.MX53 PMIC Power Solution from Linear Technology

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX53 PMIC Power Solution from Linear Technology

GerardVelcelean
Contributor II

The LTC3589 (-1,-2) is a proven, and robust PMIC solution from Linear Technology that is used to power the i.MX53 processor from Freescale.

Resources:

- LTC3589 product landing page

- Linear Technology LTC3589-1 demo board manual. If you are interested in ordering this demo board for use with the i.MX53 processor please contact Linear Technology (sknoth@linear.com)

- i.MX53 Development platform from NovTech: Contact Linear Technology for more information (gvelcelean@linear.com)

- i.MX53 System Development User's Guide

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

JeffMarvin
Contributor I

Michael,

This is Jeff Marvin from LTC.  Due to these start-up issues experienced by some customers we have released the LTC3589-2.  The LTC3589-2 is set to not wait for the 300mV comparators.  It will enable even if circuits on the board are feeding voltage to regulator outputs and holding them above 300mV.  The 300mV rule can be enabled by I2C but is disabled by default in the LTC3589-2.  Each output does include 2K Ohm pull-down resistors which attempt to discharge the output when disabled and provide a clean power-up sequence.  All of this is captured in the LTC3589 datasheet which describes the differences between the three versions of the part.

Regards,

Jeff Marvin

Michael McTernan said:

This part gave us some problems because we had other circuity on the board which wasn't powered by the PMIC and found that when the PMIC was changed to this part (by the supplier), it wouldn't start up.

Do note take note of this from the datasheet:

"To ensure correct start-up sequencing, the regulators outputs are monitored by voltage comparators which require each output to discharge below 300mV before re-enabling."

0 Kudos

GerardVelcelean
Contributor II

Hi Michael,

This is Gerard from Linear Technology. If you need additional help using our LTC3589 (-1, or -2) please feel free to email me directly with details of your application and we will get our apps team or local team to support you.

gvelcelean@linear.com

Best regards.

0 Kudos

Michael_McTerna
Contributor I

This part gave us some problems because we had other circuity on the board which wasn't powered by the PMIC and found that when the PMIC was changed to this part (by the supplier), it wouldn't start up.

Do note take note of this from the datasheet:

"To ensure correct start-up sequencing, the regulators outputs are monitored by voltage comparators which require each output to discharge below 300mV before re-enabling."

0 Kudos