cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UUU command to dowload image to IMX6 ULZ

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using imx uuu to download Linux image to NAND of a custom IMX6 ULZ, the image rootfs-sd.wic.gz was built by Yocto, it can be installed to an SD card and boot from IMX6ULZ evaluation board. Can the same image be downloaded to the NAND by uuu command? If so, what is the uuu command to do it?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jupiter,
According with the UUU release notes PDF 409e541 (Thu Jan 17 14:22:54 2019 -0600), NAND is not a supported target yet (EMMC is the default and could be also selected SD). Besides, i.MX6ULZ is not listed yet as a supported SoC.

In this case, you could refer to the L4.14.62_1.0.0_beta_images_MX6ULZ package, where some beta examples are provided (including example_kernel_nand.uuu).

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jupiter_hce
Contributor III

Thanks CarlosCasilas, I  have already built the nand image which can be installed to imx6ulz nand, but that process needs to install zImage-initramfs first to run the u-boot and kernel in imx6ulz RAM, then to burn my imx6ulz nand kernel and rootfs to nand. Currently I borrow the zImage-initramfs built from OpenWrt, that is not sustainable until I am able to build Yocto imx6 zImage-initramfs, are there any example how to the imx6 zImage-initramfs? Thank you.

Kind regards,

- jupiter

0 Kudos