U-boot dynamically load drivers at runtime.

キャンセル
次の結果を表示 
表示  限定  | 次の代わりに検索 
もしかして: 

U-boot dynamically load drivers at runtime.

1,127件の閲覧回数
romainmoura
Contributor II

Hello,
Here is my problem, I have two different display version of a product for a single electronic board. I'll like to have only one u-boot binary for both version and correctly display the uboot splash screen. The problem is that I have no idea on how to dynamically load the display driver at runtime. My drivers are OK, I test with different compiled device tree file, it is fine. But is it possible to dynamically load a specific driver or boot on specific device tree file (and I'm not talking about dynamically point a device tree file for the kernel, this point is OK)?
For example, having two Device Tree Files (ex myBoard-disp7inch.dts and myBoard-disp10inch.dts) and, at an early boot stage, determine the connected display (based on the touch panel I2C for example) to load the good dts file (as it seems to be usually done for the kernel device tree files).
Thanks for your help

0 件の賞賛
返信
2 返答(返信)

1,047件の閲覧回数
Alejandro_Salas
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @romainmoura !

Could you please refer to this Post:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/i-MX-Processors-Knowledge-Base/u-boot-runtime-modify-Linux-device-tree-...

There is explained how to modify the device tree at runtime, Let me know if that thread can help to you.

Best regards!

0 件の賞賛
返信

1,015件の閲覧回数
romainmoura
Contributor II

Hello,

Thank you for this answer.

But this not what I'm looking for. This post is about modifying the Linux device tree, I'm looking for modifying the u-boot device tree or, at least, in the initialising function, select the drivers I want to load.

I got several display options for my devices, I need to check which one is connected to load the driver and display the u-boot splash screen.

Best regards,

0 件の賞賛
返信