Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1160-EVK Pins on Config Tool

Jump to solution
enricorocheti_
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using a MIMXRT1160-EVK and I would like to know if there's a config tools file (.mex) that already has the pins from the EVK configured.

When I open the Config Tools software and select the MIMXRT1160-EVK board, it only loads pins for a debug UART and the SDRAM, but when I open SDK examples from MCUXpresso, it creates a .mex file with the pins needed for that example. e.g., the lwIP examples creates a .mex file with the ENET and ENET_1G pins. 

Is there a single .mex file that has all these pins from the MIMXRT1160-EVK board on it?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @enricorocheti_ 

I hope you are doing great. 

Currently, the SDK does not contain a sample .mex file showing  most of the available pin configurations. 

However, in regards to visualize available pins, the Pins tool lets you to see Arduino expansion header and create headers. That may be simpler to know which pin to choose on the EVK. 

diego_charles_0-1686682153217.png

In regards to pin configuration, as you mention, if you want an example to know how  configure a pin  for a certain peripheral, the current way to get is to refer to the example that uses that peripheral. 

All the best, 

Diego

View solution in original post

2 Replies
enricorocheti_
Contributor III

Thank you, Diego.

0 Kudos
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @enricorocheti_ 

I hope you are doing great. 

Currently, the SDK does not contain a sample .mex file showing  most of the available pin configurations. 

However, in regards to visualize available pins, the Pins tool lets you to see Arduino expansion header and create headers. That may be simpler to know which pin to choose on the EVK. 

diego_charles_0-1686682153217.png

In regards to pin configuration, as you mention, if you want an example to know how  configure a pin  for a certain peripheral, the current way to get is to refer to the example that uses that peripheral. 

All the best, 

Diego