The example code for lpuart_polling_seven_bits under driver examples -> lpuart doesn't work?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The example code for lpuart_polling_seven_bits under driver examples -> lpuart doesn't work?

fayizonline
Contributor II

Hi,

The example code for lpuart_polling_seven_bits under driver examples -> lpuart doesn't work. Even the prints are not coming. When the data bits are changed to 8 bits in the same code it works.

The serial terminal was configured for 7 data bits. Execution is XIP mode in hyperflash

SDKs tried are SDK_2.3.0_MIMXRT1051xxxxx.zip  and SDK_2.3.1_EVKB-IMXRT1050.zip.

Could some one explain me on what i would be missing here?

Thanks

Fayiz

0 Kudos
1 Reply

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fayiz,

You need to ensure you are running SDK_2.3.0 examples on a EVK-IMXRT1050 and SDK_2.3.1 examples on EVKB-IMXRT1050 board, as the hardware changes between revisions affects the functionality.

Then, you should refer to the “readme.txt” file included on the “evkbimxrt1050_driver_examples_lpuart_lpuart_polling_seven_bits” example, where it is mentioned that UART TX and RX used for this example are RX:J22-2 and TX: J22-1 of the Arduino expansion headers of the board. I just tested such example, and it is working properly.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos