PHY on MCIMX6Q5EYM10AD PLATFORM

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHY on MCIMX6Q5EYM10AD PLATFORM

Contributor I

I am using the IMX6Q platform now, and the PHY is using the KSZ8041FTLI. However, during mass production, I found that some boards cannot be directly connected to the computer network to ping, the link light is always on, and the act flashes quickly. In the case of continuous power and without resetting the board, a router is directly added between the board and the computer, and the connection through the router will work. Why is that?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi zhang

may be recommended to check

1. sect.4.2.1 Power-Up Sequence

2. enet timings using sect.4.12.5.3 RGMII Signal Switching Specifications

i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Applications Processors for Consumer Products - Data Sheet

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Why do you think it is related to the power-on sequence?If I connect the board to the computer through a router, I can ping the computer on the PC no matter how it is powered on.

about the power up sequence,I am using a set of MMPF0100F0ZES, the timing should be well Factory controlled. I did not modify its control.

In addition, I use the RMII interface which is not the official RGMII interface.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

what bsp used in the case, please try latest from source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx  repository
https://source.codeaurora.org/external/imx/linux-imx/tree/?h=imx_5.4.3_2.0.0

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos