MIMXRT1170 EVK SEMC issue in config tool

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1170 EVK SEMC issue in config tool

shahmanishj
Senior Contributor II

I opened MIMXRT1170 EVK in Config Tool and I get following warnings. Can you please help?

Issue: CSX1 pin is not routed.
Level: Warning
Type: Validation
Tool: Pins
Origin: Peripherals:BOARD_InitPeripherals
Target: Pins: [...]
Resource: SEMC.semc_csx.01

Issue: CSX2 pin is not routed.
Resource: SEMC.semc_csx.02

Issue: CSX3 pin is not routed.
Resource: SEMC.semc_csx.03

Issue: When the Initialize selected core clocks value is chosen in the Core clock roots setting and macro __CORTEX_M == 7 the Cortex M4 and Core M4 Systick clock roots (or in case __CORTEX_M == 4 the Cortex M7 and Core M7 Systick clock roots) won't be initialized as shown in GUI
Type: Tool problem
Tool: Clocks
Origin: Clocks: BOARD_BootClockRUN
Resource: CoreBusClockRootsInitializationConfig
Information: When the Initialize selected core clocks value is chosen in the Core clock roots setting and macro __CORTEX_M == 7 the Cortex M4 and Core M4 Systick clock roots (or in case __CORTEX_M == 4 the Cortex M7 and Core M7 Systick clock roots) won't be initialized as shown in GUI

0 Kudos
3 Replies

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @shahmanishj,

Could you please share us a picture of your ConfigTools configuration in Peripherals view and problems window?

Also, which version of ConfigTools are you using? Is this happening in a new Create a new standalone configuration for processor, board or kit; Create a new configuration based on an existing IDE/toolchain project; or Create a new configuration and project based on an SDK example or hello world project?

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos

shahmanishj
Senior Contributor II

Thanks Raul,

I am changing the title, as I learnt that we are not using CSX1/2/3 and Config Tool throws warnings, which I can safely ignore (I think).

But, currently I could not find a document on how to create C++ FreeRTOS project from our pinmux file received from hardware group. 

I have attached the pinmuxing file and I want to come up with hello world program that uses all peripherals - USB, LPSPI, LPI2C, SD cards, FlexSPI, SDRAM, SRAM on SEMC etc.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

RaRo
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @shahmanishj,

Unfortunately, there is not a document on how to create a C++ FreeRTOS project nor SDK's examples. Nonetheless, if you are using MCUXpresso IDE for your project, you could create a C++ new project with FreeRTOS as Operating System, and then import your .mex file (ConfigTools file).

RaulRomero_1-1679078037632.png

[MCUXpresso IDE -> Create a new C/C++ project… -> Configure the project]

RaulRomero_2-1679078037638.png

[MCUXpresso IDE -> Import Configuration (*.mex)]

Next, you might have to open the ConfigTools from MCUXpresso IDE to deal with the warnings and errors doing right click on those you have a lightbulb next to it, after fixing all of them click on Update Code, and go back to the Develop Window to continue with the project.

RaulRomero_3-1679078037644.png

[MCUXpresso IDE ConfigTools -> Peripherals View]

RaulRomero_4-1679078037649.png

[MCUXpresso IDE Toolbar to return to Develop Window or open/change ConfigTools views]

Best regards, Raul.

0 Kudos