cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMXRT1176 AUTOSAR flash driver initialization problem

MG7
Contributor I

Hello Team,

I have a custom hardware that has the derivative number IMXRT1176AVM8A and it is booting from a serial NOR external flash S25FL064L. I'm using the AUTOSAR MCAL MB_4.3.1_IMXRT_02_RTM_1.0.0_D2104_Signed, and I'm trying to initialize the flash driver (FLS) in the package but has no success until now.
I face a very strange issue that if I set a breakpoint in the function FLS_FlexSPi_init, the init process is successful. but if I don't set this breakpoint, the init fails. 

could you please tell me if the this forum is the right place for support in this case or I need to write my problem somewhere else or what ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies

MG7
Contributor I

Hello Kerry,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

That's a good point to test the SDK, could you please guide me from where I can download this SDK ?

SDK_2_10_1_MIMXRT1170-EVK\boards\evkmimxrt1170\driver_examples\flexspi\nor\polling_transfer

I will explain more about the problem:

The HW is booting correctly from the flexspi serial NOR flash, and executing successfully afterwards. even the read, write and erase operations are working normally. The only thing is the FLS init needs a breakpoint to work.

The flexspi initialization is working normally when i put a breakpoint in the function that updates the LUT programmed sequences, when I remove the breakpoint, the HW stuck in the BOOT ROM SW.

I assume that this function needs more time to update the LUT. or maybe there is an error before this, I don't know really.

is there a source code for the BOOT ROM that I can build and debug on the HW ? so I can know at least where I get stuck ?

regarding this point :

NXP mainly provide the RT SDK related software support and technical support, no autosar support.

actually NXP wrote the AUTOSAR FLS driver, it's mentioned in the file header

MG7_0-1641810457181.png

from what I see in the code, it says that it should be supported by NXP

Thanks,

Mohamed

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MG7 ,  

The NXP SDK can be downloaded from this link:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder?hw=MIMXRT1170-EVK

Please also download the document, then refer to the document to get start.

About the breakpoint issues in your autosar, you also can test it with the NXP SDK, wehther it have the same issues or not, please test it at first.

We will support you based on the NXP SDK.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

MG7
Contributor I

hello Kerry,

AUTOSAR is not a SW or HW supplier that can provide me support in this issue. It's an automotive SW standard. 

To be honest I'm quite frustrated from NXP support now because of your answers. I was expecting better support from NXP and to have ownership for their products. NXP should be supporting this AUTOSAR MCAL SW for IMXRT because they are the supplier for it. You can simply delegate the issue to the concerned department, but ignoring my questions and saying that NXP provides support for SDK only is quite frustrating.

Thanks

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MG7 ,

Please take easy, to be honesty, we also don't have the autosar code, as that is provided by autosar side. So I can't help you debug the autosar project directly. I also help you check internally, I get the information that the autosar related question need the autosar side support.

But you mentioned, you mainly meet the flash driver issues, that's why I recommend you reproduce the issues on the normal RT project.

From your above description, seems you still have not reproduced the issue on the SDK project.

As you mentioned the flash driver is from FSL, do you compare it with the SDK-related flash driver code, whether it is the same or not?  Can you find ways to reproduce your issues on the SDK based project with the flashdriver, you even can porting your side flash driver to the SDK based project.

Any updated information, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @MG7 ,

If it is the customer board for RT1170, do you test the normal SDK code, whether it works or not?

Just to check your customer board works OK or not? You can download the code to the external QSPI flash, whether the boot works or not, and the debug works or not?

You can test this flash code in the SDK, download it to the internal RAM:

SDK_2_10_1_MIMXRT1170-EVK\boards\evkmimxrt1170\driver_examples\flexspi\nor\polling_transfer

Whether you have the debug breakpoint issues or not?

Then you can test the autoSAR code again.

About the detail autoSAR support, I have helped you check with our internal side, the autoSAR software support still provided by autoSAR, so when you buy that code, you get the signed software package, then you have issues, still contact with autosar side.

NXP mainly provide the RT SDK related software support and technical support, no autosar support.

Best Regards,

Kerry

0 Kudos