Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MM V4L2 decoder device. Accessing Hantro decoder

Jump to solution
PiotrKrygier
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of creating a v4l2 video decoder (m2m). I would like to use already existing hantro HW decoder to save some development time. However, in "i.MX Linux Reference Manual" and "i.MX VPU Application Programming Interface Linux Reference Manual" only the user space API is described, mostly using Vpu_Wrapper library. Since I'm working on a kernel code, I don't have access to those libraries, but I noticed there are some files described in a documentation, that would help me with development:

PiotrKrygier_0-1671609410374.png

I though that I could use the mxc_hantro ioctl from my driver, but there I can't find documentation on how to use it correctly. Is there a guide or a documentation somewhere? If possible, I would like to avoid using registers (which are described in IMX8MMRM) to decode buffers and just use existing API.

Or is there a better way?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Those libraries source code are under special nda, you have to open a case with your nda to send you.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Those libraries source code are under special nda, you have to open a case with your nda to send you.

Regards

0 Kudos