How to translate the config tools / ddr test files into the device tree / memory settings of U-Boot?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to translate the config tools / ddr test files into the device tree / memory settings of U-Boot?

JWB4-AZ
Contributor II

I'm trying to bring up a new design with u-Boot built using the Yocto Project. I have no problem building U-Boot for the "NXP i.MX 8M Nano Evaluation Kit with LPDDR4". Our target board is running a Nano Solo with LPDDR4. I have the Config Tools and DDR Test output for the new board, but have not been able to build and working version of U-Boot. Output during failure follows:

U-Boot SPL 2022.04-lf_v2022.04AL+g04371da76b (Jan 23 2023 - 21:08:22 +0000)
DDRINFO: start DRAM init
DDRINFO: DRAM rate 3200MTS
Training FAILED

The failure occurs in wait_ddrphy_training_complete().

"lpddr4_timing.c" has been modified based on the working files from the NXP DDR Test program.

Memory size has been adjusted from 2GB to 1GB.

Ethernet controller has been changed to vsc8531.

Any guidance on further converting the U-Boot source to support the target board would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

JWB4-AZ
Contributor II

Hi Bio,

OK, now I get it at least as far as the U-Boot code is concerned. I see that the DDR Tool differs the DDR Test in NXP Config Tools.

Thanks,

John

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

JWB4-AZ
Contributor II
Hi Bio,
I do now have the target board starting up with U-Boot.

I had run the DDR test tools via the NXP Config Tool v12.1.

Is the DDR Tool you reference different from the one in the Config Tools?

The problem is that translating from the ddr_config.ds file output by Config Tools to the U-Boot code is not at all clear. The Config Tools produced ddr_timing.c file is simple. Translating from ddr_config.ds and the pinmux files into U-Boot is not at all clear. If you could shed any light on how to complete that task, it would be useful.

In spite of the fact that U-Boot is functioning, I do not want to mark this as answered as the translation from ddr_config.ds and the pinmux files into U-Boot source and device tree is NOT complete.
Thanks,
John
0 Kudos