Export ".csv" report for Gcov code coverage output files getting failed due to IDE internal error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export ".csv" report for Gcov code coverage output files getting failed due to IDE internal error

HCPATEL99
Contributor II

After successfully executing the Gcov code coverage on "hello_world" example from i.MXRT1170 SDK (2.10.1 version).

Try to generate gcov code coverage data into ".csv" format from mcuexpresso IDE.

But It's showing below error.

Error: An internal error occurred during: "Export to CSV".
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException (screenshot attached)

Board and Environment Details:

1). Board : evk i.MXRT1170

2). mcuexpresso IDE : MCUXpresso IDE v11.4.0 [Build 6237] [2021-08-06]

3). Gcov Library : GCov Integration 8.4.0.202109071933

4). SDK : 2.10.1 Version

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Maybe you can try to use the gcovr tool to generate the csv from the raw coverage file.
Have a great day.
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

HCPATEL99
Contributor II

Hello Dear,

I have already installed "gcovr" tool in my ubuntu system(through terminal using command line). Still getting this IDE internal error.

Any Plugins is there , So we can install into our MCUExpresso IDE and resolve this error and generate "csv" file successfully.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
How is going now? I was wondering if you can list the steps of replicating the error, then I can give it a try on my site.
Looking forward to your reply.
Have a great day.
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

HCPATEL99
Contributor II

Hello Dear,

I have followed the steps according to@ErichStyger  blog for generating gcov code coverage on i.MX RT1064 board.

Link Followed by me : https://mcuoneclipse.com/2021/09/19/tutorial-gnu-gcov-coverage-with-the-nxp-i-mx-rt1064/

And after this one more step to click on export ".csv" file feature top of the gcov graphical representation.

I have attached screenshot for this.

Please find for same.

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
I basically replicate the issue you mentioned.

jeremyzhou_0-1633688012534.png

However, the CSV file can be generated even with the error.

jeremyzhou_1-1633688033476.png

Have a great day.
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
Sorry for the reply late due to the Chinese National holiday.
I'll try it soon later.
Have a great day.
TIC

Note:

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
I'd like to suggest you contact @ErichStyger  for help, I find he shared Tutorial: GNU Coverage with MCUXpresso IDE before, maybe he can do a favor.

BR,

Jeremy 

0 Kudos