Does the uuu recipe emmc_all verify after programming?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the uuu recipe emmc_all verify after programming?

Jump to solution
dvlogic
Contributor III

Hi,

We are using the uuu tool with the script emmc_all to program our custom i.MX8 boards.  I'm trying to understand if the programming is verified after writing to the eMMC memory.

I see the script is predominately using the FB (fast-boot) protocol to burn the image.  

FB: ucmd setenv fastboot_dev mmc
FB: ucmd setenv mmcdev ${emmc_dev}
FB: ucmd mmc dev ${emmc_dev}
FB: flash -raw2sparse all _image

I'm not familiar enough with how that protocol works to know if it does both a programming and a verify step or just a programming step.

The reason I ask is we found a board, in our factory production, that failed the FVT test due to what appears as bad eMMC memory.  However, this board passed the programming station without fail.

Thanks. -- dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @dvlogic 

By default, it is just a programming step. There is a command crc in new version.

Best regards

Harvey

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @dvlogic 

By default, it is just a programming step. There is a command crc in new version.

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos
dvlogic
Contributor III

@Harvey021 can you point me to any examples of doing a CRC verification on the programming?  I also assume the new version you refer to is 3.0 from here: https://github.com/nxp-imx/mfgtools?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Harvey021
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

I am not quite sure since which version. I had one on my host. the version is 1.5.11 (tag). Release 1.5.11 · nxp-imx/mfgtools · GitHub

You can use command "uuu -H" on your host with more details.

Harvey021_0-1683156976558.png

Best regards

Harvey

0 Kudos