Anybody seeing problems with DirectFB locking up the system?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody seeing problems with DirectFB locking up the system?

myke_predko
Senior Contributor III
Hi, This is for anybody working with DirectFB. Thanx to help from my FSL FAE, I do have a basic process for building DirectFB applications - the libraries are not available to my main development process but I do have a way to work through them. Now, I am finding that the i.MX233 EVK system using the image created by L2.6.31 is locking up (animation stopping and unable to stop the DirectFB application using ctrl-C) after a certain number of hours - "df_knuckles" stops fairly regularly after about 12 hours. Has anybody working with DirectFB seen this issue? When I look at the change logs at DirectFB.org, I see that there have been a number of memory leaks fixed from 1.1.0 (which L2.6.31 seems to have included) to 1.4.19 (which is the latest version). I'm wondering if it would be worth the time to build and include DirectFB 1.4.6 into the ltib L2.6.31 or try something like QT. Thanx! myke
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Myke, Maybe you can try using the latest version of DirectFB first. In general these are the steps you need to follow to upgrade a package in LTIB: 1. Get the latest version of the package and copy it to /opt/freescale/pkgs 2. Change the spec file to reflect the new package version. For example: Edit dist/lfs-5.1/DirectFB/DirectFB.spec Change the Version field and remove the Patch lines. 3. Rebuild and deploy the package There are packages that when get upgraded also require other dependencies to also be upgraded, so you need to resolve one dependency at a time. Regards, Fabio Estevam
0 Kudos