cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADV7282-m NTSC issue

rens
Contributor I

Hello,

We build a custom board with an ADV7282-M video grabber and I'm trying to get it to work. I followed this and this post to get a driver working and to configure the device tree. This works up to a point. I have a working driver, I can stream video using gstreamer and it automatically detects PAL/NTSC. However when I connect a NTSC camera and start the stream the image sometimes is scrolling vertically. This happens about 50% of the time. When connecting a PAL camera all seems to work fine.

In both cases I continually get the following error:
imx-ipuv3 2400000.ipu: IPU Warning - IPU_INT_STAT_5 = 0x00000002

When I modify the .active_top = 13 setting in mxc_v4l2_capture.c to for example 14 the scrolling goes from top to bottom (and seems to occur less often). I read a lot of forum posts about this issue but cant figure out the exact problem.

Another thing is when I switch camera while streaming the image gets out of sync (horizontally and/or vertically) and never recovers. What I read so far tells me that I have to use STREAMON/STREAMOFF ioctl calls to fix this, is this correct?

Could anyone point me in the right direction? I'm new to IPU and CSI configuration so I'm having a hard time figuring this out.

If more information is needed feel free to ask.

Thanks in advance!

Rens

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

pls refer to the topic as below, check if you set register or source code correct or not

https://community.nxp.com/thread/303792#comment-314760 

Cannot capture from ADV7281-M with i.MX6Q - Q&A - Video - EngineerZone 

0 Kudos