The 7th end device can not join the network

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The 7th end device can not join the network

Contributor II

Question

There are 6 end devices that can join the network created by coordinator.The 7th end device can not join the network, though coordinator permits the device to join. For details, see as below:

Environment

The chip that I use is MKW41Z512.The IDE is MCUXpress IDE.For details, see as below:

topology

Star network, 1 Coordinator / 6 End Devices (no router).

Remarks

Is there any way to modify this value? Such as, modifying macro definition, modifying structural variable, calling an interface.

Labels (3)
2 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, I hope you're doing well!

To allow more child devices (either router or end devices), you can change the ZPS_CHILD_TABLE_SIZE macro from 6 to the number of devices you want to allow as children to the coordinator. Still, you'll have to consider if there's still space in the other types of tables. You can read more about these macros in the ZigBee 3.0 Stack User Guide, which is included with the KW41Z's SDK, in the following path:

<…\SDK_SDK_2.2.1_FRDM-KW41Z\docs\wireless\Zigbee\ZigBee 3.0 Stack User Guide.pdf>

Best regards,

Sebastian

Contributor II

I had already seen it. The ZPS_CHILD_TABLE_SIZE is not in <ZigBee 3.0 Stack User Guide.pdf>. So I could not find it before.