cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Siren equipment, which project to use

yuboli
Contributor II

Hi, all

I want to make a siren device.   The siren is a ZigBee 3.0 device. But the demo  jn-an-1201-zigbee-intruder-alarm-system on your official website is an HA device。I want to make the siren equipment realize the function of 3.0, which project should I refer to? 

I need your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel, I hope you're doing well!

There's currently no Application Note implementing an Intruder Alarm System specifically for ZigBee 3.0, but the existing HA is compatible with ZigBee 3.0 networks, as they are backwards-compatible with HA profile applications, and support for the IAS should be added to your ZigBee 3.0 application.

It is also possible to adapt the Application Note to ZigBee 3.0, but this would be by your own custom implementation.

I'm sorry for the inconveniences this may cause.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

yuboli
Contributor II

Thank you. I have another question at jn-an-1201

In ZigBee ha intranet alarm system, the cluster of IASZONE in the zone device is used to register with the coordinator and report the status. However, in the WD device, there is also the cluster of IASZONE . What does this cluster function do? The WD device does not need to register with the coordinator?

ZONE device :

%G~QE@73OMAH41BS2PQ1}SG.png

WD device :

HI6[2BE]BU$)D8KRVR_HN%C.png

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel,

Could you please take a look at the JN-AN-1201-ZigBee-Intruder-Alarm-System-2v1 document included in the Doc folder of the JN-AN-1201 archive?

It describes the role of the WD (Warning Device), and why it has the IAS cluster implemented:

In an IAS system, the Warning Device (WD) is responsible for generating audio-visual indications corresponding to alarm conditions. For the WD to be part of the IAS system, it needs to be enrolled with the CIE.

(more information can be read in chapter 5.3 of said document)

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos